BDÜ
Deutsch
  A A A
Recommend this page

Venue

The venue for Interpreting the Future is the Henry Ford Building of the Freie Universität Berlin.

Although situated on the green outskirts of Berlin, the modern building is only a 30-minute subway ride away from the city centre. Wittenbergplatz in the centre of West Berlin is only 15 minutes away. The main presentations are to be held in the conference hall – the Max-Kade-Auditorium. The other presentations and workshops will take place in other lecture halls and rooms. The large, light foyer is an ideal place for networking with colleagues and other experts. It will also accommodate the exhibition of industry-related products and services.

Address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Henry-Ford-Bau
Garystraße 35
14195 Berlin-Dahlem

Henry-Ford-Bau Außenansicht Konferenz 2009

Berlin City Map

The Henry Ford Building was originally built between 1952 and 1954 according to the plans of the Berlin architects Franz Heinrich Sobotka and Gustav Müller. Observing the principle that design is driven by democracy the architecture of this building suffused with light epitomizes freedom, openness, and transparency - values that Freie Universität has been representing since its foundation in December 1948.

The BDÜ thanks FU Berlin for allowing it to use the Henry Ford Building as the venue for the Interpreting the Future conference.

Snapshots of our conference venue, taken during the 2009 conference:

 

Max-Kade-Auditorium
in the Henry Ford Building

Audimax Konferenz 2009

 

 

 

Exhibition in the foyer

Henry-Ford-Bau Konferenz 2009 Foyer - Fachmesse
   
Workshop in the senate's meeting room  Henry-Ford-Bau Senatssaal Konferenz 2009


The Henry Ford Building was originally built between 1952 and 1954 according to the plans of the Berlin architects Franz Heinrich Sobotka and Gustav Müller. Observing the principle that design is driven by democracy the architecture of this building suffused with light epitomizes freedom, openness, and transparency - values that Freie Universität has been representing since its foundation in December 1948.